How does the Comissioned quilt process work?
- Within 24 hours of purchasing a comissioned quilt slot and paying the $50 deposit I will be intouch via email to initiate the design process.
- We will work together to determine the size, design, fabrics and overall feel of the quilt. You will be inovled as much as you would like to be.
- I will provide you with a quote for you quilt and send you an invoice for 50% of the total cost. Your $50 deposit will be applied your final payment for the quilt.
Why is the deposit non-refundable?
- Quilts take a lot of time to make right from the initial design phase. I spend many hours coming up with design/fabric options and calculating costs. The deposit helps cover the costs of my time desinging the quilt.
- If you pay the deposit for a comissioned quilt and after our first discussions I determine I am not the best quilter for this job I will refund your entire deposit. Like all artists I have areas of expertise and a certain design esthetic if what you are looking for is outside of those parameters its in both of our best interests to move on. I know many quilters and can help you find someone who I think would be a better match for your project.